As information about local, state, and national scholarships are received by the school, it is posted in announcements AND placed in the Scholarship Box. Seniors should check the Guidance Office's Scholarship Box once a month until January. Beginning second semester, seniors should check the box ONCE A WEEK.
Many private organizations offer scholarships to college students each year. When searching for scholarships, first consider organizations with which your family is familiar. Examples would be employers, churches, labor unions, local foundations, military, fraternities/sororities, and civic groups such as American Legion, YMCA, 4-H clubs, Elks, Kiwanis, Lions, Jaycees, Rotary, Chamber of Commerce, and the Boy or Girl Scouts.
Also consider aid from organizations connected with your field of interest (for example, the American Medical Association or the American Bar Association). These organizations are listed in the U.S. Dept. of Labor's Occupational Outlook Handbook online at Occupational Outlook Handbook
- Spencer Scholarship - Renewal
- Spencer Scholarship - New
- Scholarship Application Guide/Checklist Have this information ready when applying for scholarships AND a list of tasks.
- Frank O'Bannon Grant - pdf of grant amounts
- College Dollars A list of scholarships awarded by Indiana colleges.
- Scholarships through TCF - This is a link to the Tipton County Foundation's Dollars For Scholars Website for Tipton High School students.
- Link to the Blue Book provided by the Tipton County Foundation which lists local scholarships and application advice.
Additional Scholarship Help Websites
Indiana College Costs - Compare the estimated net price of attendance of Indiana Colleges.
College Board - encourages students to complete six essential steps that move them closer to college with the chance to earn scholarships ranging from $500 to $40,000, for two- or four-year institutions.
RaiseMe - Complete your RaiseMe Portfolio by adding each of your course grades, club involvement, sports, volunteer activities, and more. Earn micro-scholarships as early as ninth grade and discover your path to the best college for you.
University of Southern Indiana - Alumni page of scholarships
BSU Foster Care - If you are an incoming Ball State University freshman, current student, or transfer student and you are currently in foster care or a former foster youth, you may be eligible for the Guardian Scholars program and scholarship.
Information for Financial Aid Professionals