WELCOME --- IF YOU ARE A PARENT OF A TIPTON ELEMENTARY STUDENT, THEN YOU ARE A MEMBER OF T.E.S.O.
WHAT IS T.E.S.O./PTO?
T.E.S.O. is Tipton Elementary School’s Parent/Teacher Organization that works in cooperation with the staff to improve the educational opportunities for each student. Also, this organization is supportive of the administration, faculty, and staff in their endeavors to give all Tipton Elementary School students the best quality education. T.E.S.O. meets once a month to plan and organize a number of events and discuss any topics that need to be addressed. Please watch your child’s book bag for information concerning the meetings and join us. This is a great way to get involved in YOUR Elementary School.
Objectives of T.E.S.O. include:
- Strengthen the relationship between school and home.
- Allow parents and teachers to work together to promote the welfare of the students of Tipton Elementary.
- Strengthen communications between the school and its patrons.
- Aid in the purchase of educational and recreational equipment for the school and its classrooms.
The Projects for T.E.S.O. are:
- Savory Sweets: This is our biggest fundraiser! We will be selling cookies and lava cakes in September.
- Father/Daughter Dance: This event is a great night for fathers to spend with their princesses.
- Special Projects: collect Box Tops for Education, coordinate school supply kits, provide meals, lunch duty and special surprises for the staff.
- Mother/Son Night: This event is a night for mothers and sons to spend "quality" time together.
- Spirit Wear: Students, parents, and teachers will have the opportunity to purchase TES themed apparel and support the school at the same time.
- Teacher Appreciation: Various activities occur throughout the year, also "Teacher Appreciation Week" in May to let our teachers and staff know how important they are in the lives of our children. The week is ended with the Walk-a-thon. Teacher Birthdays are also celebrated monthly.
- Walk-a-thon: This is a day of outside fun and fitness at the THS track to conclude Teacher Appreciation Week.
- Donuts with Dad: Kids bring their Dad’s for breakfast before school one morning in the fall
- Muffins with Mom: Kids bring their Mom’s for breakfast before school one morning in the spring
STEERING COMMITTEE for 2016 - 2017
- Erica Hawkins President
- Kassey McQuinn - Vice President
- Secretary- Jena Crouch
- Elizabeth DeFoe- Treasurer
- Jessica Higginbotham- Executive Treasurer
- Amanda Book - Teacher Rep.
- Jim Thomas - Teacher Rep.
- Lori Rayl - Principal
- Caylie Dicken -Assistant Principal
MARK YOUR CALENDARS
The TESO Meetings will be the 4th Tuesday of the month at 6:30 P.M. in the Community Room. We look forward to seeing you there!
Minutes and Documents