Services are available to all students at TES
675-7397 ext. 434
At Tipton Elementary the Guidance/Counseling Department recognizes the pursuit of lifelong education is a journey no one takes alone. Along the path students require guidance for academic and personal/social skills.
We have a comprehensive school counseling philosophy. This means that our counselor, teachers, administrators, students and families will work together for OUR students' success.
- Each month a newsletter filled with helpful information will be sent home called "The Home & School Connection". The school has a subscription and will make copies available to every student.
- Additional resources for a variety of topics/issues are also available.
- Free pamphlets! I also have books & materials available for lending out to families for a period of up to two weeks at a time.
- Parents are encouraged to openly communicate with the counselor as well.
- Call, email, or request a meeting. I can be available before, during or after school upon request.
- Support from the counselor & local community is readily available for the families of our students.
- Community Partners, 2-1-1, Children's Bureau, Counseling, Referrals, Summer Camps, general information, etc.
- The counselor and teachers and administration closely work together to provide appropriate activities that relate to the needs of the students. In this approach the counselor works with students: in classrooms, in groups, or individually.
- Topics that are often relevant are: conflict resolution; friendship; anger management; social skills; academic, character, & citizenship development; self-control; positive self thought; and study skills.
- TES is proud to utilize Positive Behavior Interventions & Supports (PBIS). Our students are recognized when they are found making good choices.
- As part of this program we will focus on Tipton PRIDE: Personal Best, Respect, Integrity, Dependability, & Enthusiasm.
Each month we will highlight specific character traits, while still striving for all of these listed and more. Tipton PRIDE!
|Character Trait||Month||Other Traits & Topics Celebrated|
|P - Personal Best||August/September||Responsibility, Self Knowledge, & Perseverance|
|R - Respect||October/November||Respecting self/others & Conflict Resolution|
|I - Integrity||December/January||Honesty & Fairness|
|D - Dependability||February/March||Self Control & Citizenship|
|E - Enthusiasm||April||Cooperation & Problem Solving|