Updated: April 23, 2020
- Governor Holcomb has closed all schools for the remainder of the 2019-2020 school year.
- Governor Holcomb has issued an Executive Order to extend the "Stay at Home " until May 1.
- All school offices are closed effective March 24, 2020. Access to buildings is limited to designated personnel.
- All TCSC activities, athletics, events, and programs are canceled through May 2020.
- eLearning for students will continue on April 6 with a Monday, Wednesday, Friday only schedule.
- The last instructional day for 2019-2020 will be an eLearning Day on Monday, May 11, 2020.
The Indiana State Department of Health has set up a hot line/call center for general questions from the public about COVID-19 - 1-877-826-0011, or send an email to email@example.com.
Tipton Community School Corporation continues to receive a steady stream of information and updates from the Center for Disease Control and Prevention and a variety of sources at the local, state, and national level on the novel Coronavirus (COVID-19). In addition, we remain in close contact with our colleagues at school districts in the area and across the state regarding the scope and impact of COVID-19.
While there are no suspected or confirmed cases of COVID-19 in our schools; we are aware of several confirmed cases around the state. With this said, the reality of a situation like this is we should plan and expect to experience some cases in our schools and in our community. We are working behind the scenes to be prepared to respond and adjust as needed as we would with any other type of disease or illness that can spread via close contact. We remain diligent in our efforts to help prevent the spread of this virus as well as everyday illnesses like the common cold or flu in our buildings and encourage families to do the same at home.
We encourage you to continue to follow The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) recommendations for everyday preventive measures to control the help spread of COVID-19 as well as the cold and flu. These include:
- Staying home when sick and avoiding close contact with sick people (any student with a fever should remain at home until they are “fever free” for 24 hours).
- Frequent, proper handwashing using soap and water for at least 20 seconds or an alcohol-based hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol
- Avoid touching your mouth, nose or eyes with unwashed hands
- Practicing respiratory etiquette (e.g. covering coughs and sneezes with a tissue or upper sleeve)
- Routinely cleaning and disinfecting frequently touched surfaces using usual cleaning/disinfection products according to the product label.
- Seek assistance from a health professional if you see or experience symptoms that cause concern.
For more information, please refer to the resources listed below:
- Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) (CDC)
- Facts About COVID-19 (CDC)
- What You Need to Know About COVID-19 (CDC)
- Videos (CDC)
- 6 Steps for Schools to Respond to COVID-19 (Education Week)
- Stop the Spread of Germs (CDC-Poster)
Resources: State and Local
- Tipton County Health Department
- Tipton County Emergency Management
- TCSC Pandemic Plan
- IN State Dept of Health: Novel Coronavirus disease (COVID-19)
- Governor Holcomb's Plans, March 12, 2020
- Riley's Children Health
- Helping Children During a Time of Hightened Anxiety
- Governor Holcomb's Press Release 2020.3.23
- Governor Holcomb's Executive Order (Education) 2020.04.02 (NEW)
- Indiana's Call & Learn (Call in study help from retired teachers) (NEW)
- Return to School Parent Survey July 2020
- TCSC Letter to Parents, 2020.04.23 (NEW)
- TCSC Letter to Parents, 2020.04.16
- TCSC Letter to Parents, 2020.04.09
- TCSC Letter to Parents, 2020.04.02
- TCSC Letter to Parents, 2020.03.23
- TCSC Letter to Parents, 2020.03.22
- TCSC Letter to Parents, 2020.03.17
- TCSC Letter to Parents, 2020.03.16
- TCSC Letter to Parents, 2020.03.15
- TCSC Letter to Parents 2020.03.13
- TCSC Letter to Parents 2020.03.12
- TCSC Letter to Parents 2020.03.09
- TCSC Letter to Parents 2020.03.03
- Frequently Asked Questions (Updated 2020.03.16)