As Tipton Community School Corporation and Tri-Central Community Schools ready their plans for return to school in August, we would like to thank our communities for their support as we continue to work through the challenges of COVID-19 and chart our pathway to a new school year.
The safety, security, and well-being of our students, staff and families is our top priority and our return to school decisions are being based on guidance from the Centers for Disease Control (CDC), Indiana State Department of Health (ISDH), Indiana Department of Education (IDOE), Tipton County health Department. We have been unpacking guidelines and recommendations to create a plan that works best for our districts under the current circumstances while being mindful of many potential scenarios due to the ongoing pandemic.
As of this writing we are planning to roll out our scheduled calendars for the 2020-21 school year and provide in-class instruction daily for the entire school year.
In addition, we plan to:
- Provide flexible options to meet individual student needs, including both online and face-to-face learning.
- Implement daily screening/self-screening procedures for COVID-19 symptoms.
- Recommend students and staff to wear masks, at times when physical distancing cannot be utilized.
- Maximize facility space with respect to physical distancing, including lunch tables spaced out to the greatest extent possible. Allowing elementary students to eat breakfast and lunch in classrooms.
- Close water fountains and maintain water bottle fill stations.
- Require students and staff to stay home when ill and create separate spaces in school health clinics to address COVID-19 symptoms.
- Transporting students with precautionary safety measures in place.
- Enhance student hygiene practices and building cleaning procedures.
- Restrict visitors.
- Train staff and students on COVID-19 safety measures.
We will be sharing additional, district-specific details with our families in the coming weeks.
As always, thank you for your patience, confidence, and support as we work together to safely bring students back to school and begin a new and exciting year.