Rules of the Bus
To ensure a safe environment for all bus riders, students must obey the bus rules at all times.
Bus Stop Rules
The following rules are to be followed at the bus stop:
- Be at the bus stop five (5) minutes before your scheduled pick-up time.
- Board only at the regularly assigned stop.
- Stay back at least ten (10) feet from the roadway while waiting for the bus.
- Respect the surrounding property.
- Respect fellow students and adults.
- After the bus comes to a complete stop, wait until you see the driver signal you to cross the road or board the bus.
- Take your turn and do not push when entering.
Rules on the Bus
These rules are to be followed while students are on the bus:
- Obey the driver promptly and respectfully.
- Be seated promptly and face forward. Stay in the seat assigned by the driver.
- Keep all books and materials on your lap.
- Be courteous and speak in a low voice.
- Keep all belongings, as well as head, hands, and feet inside the bus, out of the aisle, and to yourself.
- Students are responsible for their own belongings.
- Electronic devices, including cell phones, may only be used with headphones. Students who use their device inappropriately may lose this privilege. Inappropriate use includes, but is not limited to, taking pictures/videos, listening to music without headphones, or any other use that may distract the driver.
- The discharge of perfumes, aerosols, or other sprays while on the bus is prohibited.
- Never throw objects inside or outside the bus.
- Never eat, drink, or chew gum on the bus.
- Treat the bus and equipment with care and respect.
- You must be quiet when the bus approaches a railroad crossing.
- Keep the bus clean and orderly.
- The corporation reserves the right to use bus cameras, without notification, to monitor the bus.
- If a bus is equipped with seat belts, students must wear them.
Rules for Disembarking
These rules are for students leaving the bus:
- You are to get off only at your assigned stop.
- Remain in your seat until the bus comes to a full stop, the door has been opened by the driver, and the driver releases you. Take your turn and do not push when leaving the bus.
- When it is necessary for you to cross the road, you MUST cross in front of the bus. You are to proceed across only after the driver has signaled you to cross.
- Never walk along the side of or behind the bus.