Accelerated Reader has begun for 2018-19 with the ice cream theme “Scoop Up A Story!”
Here is our procedure:
* Reports will be printed each Monday morning. Weekly awards will be calculated from those totals.
* Each Friday, awards will be delivered to the classroom after morning announcements. On rare occasions,
they may be delivered Thursday afternoon.
* The Ice Cream Truck “driver” will knock on the classroom door to announce the delivery and leave an envelope containing earned lanyards, pins and printed report.
* A 40 point pin level has been added this year; other levels remain the same. For reference, the award levels are: -
Grades 1-2: Lanyard: 5 points. Pins: 10, 15, 20, 30, 40, 50, 75, 100, 125, 150 and 200 points.
Grades 3-5: Lanyard: 10 points. Pins: 15, 20, 30, 40, 50, 75, 100, 125, 150 and 200 points.
* Each Monday, Mrs. Christenberry will call students who have earned their lanyards that week to the library for photos.
*The Top 4 readers from each grade level will receive special recognition and be invited to a year-end celebration. Specific plans for the year-end celebration will be announced soon.